Vialle vs ICOM

Mauro1980

Post consigliati

• Risposte 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ciao Robi

Quante pompe hai già cambiato coll'ICOM e quanti km hai fatto?

Mauro

Ancora nessuna, era già montato su un'auto che ho preso usata pochi mesi fa. L'impianto è del 2005, avrà fatto 30-40mila km ma non so nulla sulla sua manutenzione.

ciao

40 mila km in 5 anni?

Salve

Sono nuovo del forum e in procinto d'installare un impianto a gpl sulla mia Passat 3B2 1.8T.

Affascinato dall'iniezione liquida vorrei prima essere sicuro dell'affidabilità,

Non amo passare la mia vita dai meccanici benché nelle officine nascano discussioni interessanti

A voi esperti chiedo quali sono i pro ed i contro dei due prodotti, certo della vostra serietà, professionalità e imparzialità, vi chiedo di evitare sentimentalismi, tifi da stadio, guerre tipo guelfi e ghibellini

Una discussione puramente tecnica, con l'obbiettivo di sintetizzare

Da quel che ho letto sembra che il grande difetto dell'ICOM è la pompa,ma forse non è l'unico

Quali sono i vantaggi dell'ICOM rispetto al Vialle ed i difetti del Vialle?

Io ho installato un impianto Vialle circa 2 anni fà e ho percorso circa 50.000 km. A parte il problema iniziale agli iniettori per cui sono stati sostituiti lo stò usando con soddisfazione, senza nessun problema.

Le prestazioni sono molto buone.

Saluti.

• 4 months later...

I am new to this forum, I am also not italian (greek actually), but I want to install liquid gas injection to a Passat 1.8T.

I want to know which system Vialle LPi-S or ICOM JTG can supply gas to 105CV per cylinder.

If is not possible. which system can supply gas for cruising with automatic switch to gasoline above 4500rpm?

Is it needed to open a new thread?

Thank you in advance and excuse me for using Google translator!

======================================

Salutti a tutti!

Sono nuovo di questo forum, io sono anche non italiani (greco in realtà), ma voglio installare iniezione di gas liquido a una Passat 1.8T.

Voglio sapere quale sistema Vialle LPI-S o ICOM JTG in grado di fornire gas a 105CV per cilindro.

Se non è possibile. quale sistema è in grado di fornire di gas per la navigazione, con passaggio automatico a benzina sopra 4500rpm?

È necessario per aprire un nuovo thread?

Vi ringrazio in anticipo e mi scusi per l'utilizzo di traduttore di Google con modificazionni dopo leto!

Ciao!

Alex

• 1 month later...

I am new to this forum, I am also not italian (greek actually), but I want to install liquid gas injection to a Passat 1.8T.

I want to know which system Vialle LPi-S or ICOM JTG can supply gas to 105CV per cylinder.

If is not possible. which system can supply gas for cruising with automatic switch to gasoline above 4500rpm?

Salutti a tutti!

Sono nuovo di questo forum, io sono anche non italiani (greco in realtà), ma voglio installare iniezione di gas liquido a una Passat 1.8T.

Voglio sapere quale sistema Vialle LPI-S o ICOM JTG in grado di fornire gas a 105CV per cilindro.

Se non è possibile. quale sistema è in grado di fornire di gas per la navigazione, con passaggio automatico a benzina sopra 4500rpm?

Vi ringrazio in anticipo e mi scusi per l'utilizzo di traduttore di Google con modificazionni dopo leto!

Ciao!

Alex

Hello Rogerius,

first welcome to the forum.

The LPG car market is dominated by two philosophies: liquid injection or sequential injection gas.

The first technology is currently used by three producers: Vialle, Borel and Icom. The best is Vialle,while Icom have a lot of problems in his JTG; I don't know Borel and I'm not able to say anything.

The second technology is the most widespread and has no problems. It Currently dominates unchallenged the gas market.

Your VW Passat turbo series should have around 180 horsepower and not 105 per cylinder (420 hp would be in total).

According to it, I recommend you opt for the Vialle, or, if you want to save money by getting the same results, to install a traditional sequential injection lpg.

I hope I was helpful for you.

Best regards

Corolla

Salutti a tutti!

Ciao!

Alex

Hello Rogerius,

first welcome to the forum.

The LPG car market is dominated by two philosophies: liquid injection or sequential injection gas.

The first technology is currently used by three producers: Vialle, Borel and Icom. The best is Vialle,while Icom have a lot of problems in his JTG; I don't know Borel and I'm not able to say anything.

The second technology is the most widespread and has no problems. It Currently dominates unchallenged the gas market.

Your VW Passat turbo series should have around 180 horsepower and not 105 per cylinder (420 hp would be in total).

According to it, I recommend you opt for the Vialle, or, if you want to save money by getting the same results, to install a traditional sequential injection lpg.

I hope I was helpful for you.

Best regards

Corolla

@ Corolla

Thanks for the welcoming and the reply.

Actually my car is >420HP, and this is my problem also for gassing it.Nobody has experience for 4 cyl with >100hp per cyl.

I have the option to detune it by dropping the boost to wastegate levels and I am going to dyno it soon, just to make sure of the minimum hp (maybe arround 300hp).

I will opt for Vialle, with 3 options:

1.) The dealer will adjust the software such that when the LPG injectors reach the limit of supply, the system will switch to petrol. I hope to reach at least 4500rpm on LPG before switching.Would be good for cruising and occasional overtaking.

2.) To use 8 LPG injectors driven by one LPE. It will be expensive.

3.) To find on the market bigger LPG injectors SIEMENS DEKA II and retune the LPG. Any suggestions?

@ Corolla

Thanks for the welcoming and the reply.

Actually my car is >420HP, and this is my problem also for gassing it.Nobody has experience for 4 cyl with >100hp per cyl.

I have the option to detune it by dropping the boost to wastegate levels and I am going to dyno it soon, just to make sure of the minimum hp (maybe arround 300hp).

1.) The dealer will adjust the software such that when the LPG injectors reach the limit of supply, the system will switch to petrol. I hope to reach at least 4500rpm on LPG before switching.Would be good for cruising and occasional overtaking.

2.) To use 8 LPG injectors driven by one LPE. It will be expensive.

3.) To find on the market bigger LPG injectors SIEMENS DEKA II and retune the LPG. Any suggestions?

Hello Rogerius,

now I understand that money is not a problem for you, but the real problem is the engine modified to develop much more power than the original.

The thing turns out to be very interesting and exciting.

So ....

I'm staying in my opinion: You must opt for a sequential injection, but with gear-type injectors and increased very fast, capable of providing the GPL needed to fuel your engine.

In addition to limiting the phenomenon of detonation, I suggest you install the system aquamist injection of water, which is widely used in the rally without any problems for a surplus of power in turbo-charged cars.

Of course, first of all I suggest you proceed to install the aquamist on the machine, and then change the original ECU before LPG transformation, according to the power that you want to achieve.

After that, you can proceed with LPG conversionr with the system that you like.

I'd try to contact the manufacturers directly, describing what you do on your machine.

I think that they would accept the challenge, the following case:

http://www.autronic.it/default.asp?lan=eng

http://www.stargassrl.com/site/?lingua=eng

http://www.stefanelligroup.com/inglese/home.html

http://www.ac.com.pl/en/

while for liquid iniection:

http://www.vialle.nl/bedrijfsprofiel/algem...Hash=d7af59b392

Instead, the water injection, please contact:

http://www.aquamist.co.uk/

http://www.coolingmist.com/

I hope Essert been of some help. Please Keep us informed of the progress of your car.

Corolla

Maybe you'd better open another thread in "Parliamone"or ""tecnica".

Any suggestions?

ciao alex/rogerius and welcome also from my side! :)

first let me say, since you had your 1.8 turbo boosted "quite abundantly", as now it makes almost the double of the original power (wow!!), honestly I don't expect any LPG system to work completely "trouble-free".. :blink: ..IMHO even de-tuning it down to 300hp...

However, if I were you I'd try to look for info about the Prins VSI system, which especially for high power motors is, by far, the most performing and reliable sequential vapor injection on the market ;) and for a given engine, should cost in the same range of a vialle...

One of the installer writing in this forum (i.e. Signorini near Verona) could successfully transform an audi S4 4.2 V8 344Cv and also the one I usually go to (i.e. Beppe Lancerin near Vicenza) did similar cars (including mine) using prins and I don't know of any complain or failures (but for some minor ones, due to the bad quality of gas we often encounter here in Italy).

of course vialle is a top quality option, but I would consider prins as well, before taking any final decision B)

It seems this thread has ressurected finally, and I am very gratefull for that.

@ Corolla, @ cristanim:

1. thanks for your interest and contribution

2. I already have the Aquamist 2d with 2 injectors of 340cc/min WI at 100% duty cycle. I am using it mainly on the road with 95 Octane petrol in conjunction with the software mapping that I select with the Cruise Control stalk. I have 2 maps loaded on my ECU: 98-100 octa & 114-120 octa. I can run the 114-120 file with 100oct petrol + WI, or the 98-100 file with 100octane petrol or the 98-100 file with 95octane petrol + WI.

see this: http://www.aquamist.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1797

3. I opt for liquid LPG injection (Prins, Bigas offered solutions with 2 evaporators and 8 LPG injectos, but I don't have the room in the engine: WI reservoir, oil cooler, custom IM, BOV etc see here last pages: http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthre...9007&page=9

4. luckilly, the greek Vialle rep is willing to tweak the LPi software for my case either with 4 or 8 injectors

5. off course money is a problem for me too, that's why I want cheaper fuel=LPG for normal driving.If I need power I will switch to petrol whenever I want.

6. @ cristanim: I wear a Subaru turbo in the passat LOL

It seems this thread has ressurected finally, and I am very gratefull for that.

no worries rogerius ;) ..honestly, I didn't notice it before corolla' first answer to you... IMHO, you should have "buzzed" the community louder ;)

3. I opt for liquid LPG injection (Prins, Bigas offered solutions with 2 evaporators and 8 LPG injectos, but I don't have the room in the engine: ...

I can't say much about the bigas (though corolla should, since he's a "big fan" of it), but I'm sure that prins VSI (for which, I am "the big lover" ;) ) can easily feed engines up to 250-270 KW with a single reducer and one injector per cylinder (that are from Keihin Japan, quite universally recognized as among the uppermost "premium quality" ones), therefore it should be possible to fit properly a VSI , even in your super crowded bonnet ;)

6. @ cristanim: I wear a Subaru turbo in the passat LOL

sorry, I'm not sure I've understood this :lol: ..you mean that you fitted a subaru turbine into your current 1.8 passat? :D ..but, just for the sake of my insatiable curiosity :D is this fully legal in Greece? :o

moreover, would you mind spending a couple of lines to describe us the costs and benefits of the acquamist device you have? ..with no hurry at all, of course... ;)

we will be off topic on this, but hey:

1) see the link I gave above? I installed a MHI TD05-20G hybrid made for Subaru

2) it passed KTEO (greek TUV) with "magna cum laudae" for emissions and everything and got the 2010 stamp. In 2008 I got the stamp to for a turbo of Audi S3. So it is legal.

3) see the other link? Well, Aquamist is expensive but proven , with PWM control of the WAI injection. I did it in stages and must have costed me about 850Euro.The benefit is that the car can push more HP due to increased timing advance and boost with EGTs under control <940degC.

This is in a couple of lines as you asked. More details for sure one can read in the links posted by Corolla.

I can reply in PM whatever you want to know. Let's keep the topic on Liquid LPG injection.

Partecipa alla discussione

Puoi scrivere ora e registrarti in seguito. Se hai un account, accedi ora

Rispondi a questo topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.